As parents, we feel so proud of our sons and daughters by the time they started attending school. We get so excited hearing their stories about what they learned that they and how much fun they’ve had with their classmates. While we feel so fulfilled with our child’s every achievement, this new activity can cause serious stains on your child’s clothes such as pencil, paint, and crayons.
Many of us think that pencil stains are impossible to remove. Actually, there are ways on how you can remove such stain easily off your child’s clothing. Here are the steps on how to remove pencil stains on clothes.
Erase pencil stains. Like pencil marks on paper, you can erase the pencil stains literally off the laundry. You can use the pencil eraser at the tip or a separate pencil eraser. A few gentle passes with an eraser is enough to remove the marks from the clothes.
Apply stain remover formula. Apply a stain remover formula on the stained area. Make sure you follow the correct instructions whenever applying their stain remover formula.
Wash normally. Wash the garment as you normally do using the correct temperature setting for your fabric. Be sure to repeat the above steps if the stain remains before finally drying the stain free clothing.
Hang the clothing to dry. It is better to dry the stained clothing under the heat of the sun instead of your dryer. Drying stained clothes in the dryer may make the stain permanent. Also the sun is a wonderful stain remover.
If the stain persists, you can repeat the following steps until the stain is completely gone. But for special fabrics, read the tag for washing instructions. If the tag says the garment needs professional cleaning, then you must bring the clothing to the local cleaner.
photo credit: GenkiGenki
Most of us are not aware how useful vinegar is in removing any type of stains. It is a natural and cheap stain remover that you can use on any material as well as fabric. Vinegar’s acidic nature is tough enough to take out even the most stubborn of stains. From household cleaning to laundry, vinegar is an instant stain remover formula you can grab right off your kitchen counter.
Here are some tips in using vinegar as stain remover:
- Vinegar prevents your colored clothes from fading. To keep the colors from running in the wash, soak your child’s garment in vinegar before washing.
- Vinegar can decrease the lint on clothes. Just add half a cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle.
- Vinegar removes tough stains such as coffee, chocolate, jam, wine, and ketchup. Rub the stain with vinegar. Then, wash the garment.
- Vinegar is a natural color brightener. Add half a cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle. Your whites will turn whiter and colored shirts will become brighter.
- Vinegar makes cloth diapers cleaner and fresher. Add a cup of distilled vinegar to the rinse cycle. Vinegar breaks down uric acid and removes lingering stains and scents.
- Vinegar can also remove scorch marks from an iron. Try rubbing a mixture of vinegar and salt on the stained area.
- Vinegar can also remove soap residue from the washing machine. Run an empty cycle and add a cup of vinegar in the cycle.
- Vinegar removes the smell of smoke from clothes. Add a cup of vinegar to a tub of hot water. Hang your clothes in the same room for a few hours.
- Vinegar can remove deodorant stains. Rub the vinegar into the stain until it disappears.
- Vinegar can remove grease stains. Soak the stained area in undiluted white vinegar. As soon as the stain has melted, you can wash the garment as usual.
There are more stains that you can remove with the use of a vinegar mixture. However, make sure that you test the garment first before treating them. There are fabrics that are highly sensitive to vinegar’s acidity. Testing it first can prevent further damage to the garment.
photo credit: cafemama
As gorgeous as they are, flowers can leave a seriously tough stain to remove on your child’s clothes. Pollen stains can surely leave a mark on your sleeve and all over your toddler. Pollen that has been rubbed into the fabric is truly very difficult to remove. Hence, there are ways on how to remove pollen stains. By following these easy steps, you can take out the stains on your clothes.
- Shake out the pollen. Shake the stained garment outdoors. Make sure you shake out much of the pollen as possible off your garment. If the pollen has already been rubbed onto the garment, put a sticky tape on the surface of the stain. Then, gently lift the tape. Male sure the pollen comes up with the tape.
- Rinse with cold water. Once you have removed the pollen, rinse the stained area with cold water from the back of the stain.
- Try soaking. If the stain persists, soak the garment in cold water for about 30 minutes.
- 4. Rinse. Make sure that you rinse the garment thoroughly.
- 5. Repeat the previous stains. Rinse and soak the garment until the pollen stain is gone or no longer visible.
- 6. Apply stain remover. Apply a stain remover formula (could be in the form of stick, spray or gel) on the stained garment. Then, wash it in the hottest water that the fabric can take.
- 7. Hang your garment to dry. Drying stained clothes in the dryer might make the stains permanent. Make sure that you dry your stained clothes outdoors in the clothes line. The heat of the sun is also an effective natural stain remover.
As for special fabrics such as wool, silk, and others, make sure you read the washing instructions on the clothes’ tag. If the tag says it requires professional cleaning, send your child’s clothing to the nearest cleaners right away.
photo credit: gelinh
Accidents are inevitable especially if you have a new baby in the house. Whether it is food, liquid or waste, you can never tell when your adorable baby will spill something. All you have to do is be prepared and learn the tips on how to clean various stains on your child’s clothes.
One of the toughest stains to remove on your child’s clothing is baby poop. If you’re a budget-wise mom like me, you might have experienced purchasing a cheap pair of diapers that didn’t quite do the job well. The task gets tougher with newborn babies or babies who are breast-fed. The stain is more persistent compared to formula-fed babies. But with some work and right stain removal techniques, you will be able to remove most of the stain; or better yet, all of it.
When it comes to effective baby laundry detergents that are safe to Mother Nature and your baby, Method Laundry Detergent and Seventh Generation Natural Laundry Detergent are the best two choices. These baby safe, environmentally friendly detergents are made from non-toxic ingredients derived from natural sources such as plants and oils. If you’re an advocate of green cleaning like me, you would probably love using these detergents for your child’s clothing.
Method Laundry Detergent is very effective in removing tough stains of all kinds. For a natural, dye free product, it does the job consistently well. Having two little boys, you can imagine how filthy their clothes get at the end of the day. Method can clean out any dirty clothing in a single wash. This detergent contains active enzymes that break down tough stains and spots. It is also triple concentrated and is packed in a small convenient bottle.
Once you gave birth to your baby, anticipate a lot of baby stains in your house. As adorable as your baby looks and acts like, your little one can produce an amazing amount of dirty laundry. The laundry load always seemed to double, at times triple, with your newborn baby. By learning the basics of laundry stain removal, you can easily adjust to this new household cleaning responsibility.
Below is a short list of stain removal guidelines you can use in washing baby laundry. However, you should always double check the specific laundering instructions for common fabrics such as cotton, silk, wool, etc.
When it comes to affordable, effective baby detergents, BabyGanics Loads of Love and Gain Laundry Detergent are two of the top favorites of mothers. These detergents are great alternatives to leading brands especially if you are on a tight budget.
BabyGanics is one of today’s leading green household cleaning products manufacturers. From surface cleaners, hand sanitation products, diapering and soaps, BabyGanics has introduced a safer, greener way to household cleaning.
Loads of Love Detergent is a natural liquid detergent, which contains naturally derived ingredients such as plant extracts and essential oils. It is 3x more concentrated, which means it works 3 times better than regular soaps. It is available in scented and scent-free for perfume sensitive children.
What I loved about this product is how effectively it removes stains off baby clothes. For a natural detergent, BabyGanics is a great buy for mothers who want to keep their family safe from chemicals and toxins.
Avocado is a delicious and healthy fruit kids enjoy eating. You can mix it in a fruit salad bowl, make it a shake, or include it in your recipe. Avocado has lots of nutrients and minerals to keep our child’s body strong and healthy.
However, avocado stains are one of the toughest stains to remove from any fabric. Its bright green color can stay on clothing for a long time. If not treated properly and immediately, it is quite impossible to remove.
Silk is a special fabric that we commonly purchase. It is elegant-looking, has a smooth texture, and very comfortable to wear. The fabric is a natural protein fiber harvested from the cocoons of the larvae of the mulberry silk worm. Its shimmering glow is caused by the triangular prism-like structure of the silk fiber. This structure allows the silk cloth to refract incoming light at different angles.
We all love our pets, but we just couldn’t stand their odor. Pet odor is a normal problem in every household. Pet owners couldn’t seem to stop their pets from spraying on the couch, curtains, bed sheets, carpets, and even on the walls. Even the animal’s fur and skin emits a certain scent that truly sticks to our nostrils as well as the whole house.
What reeks about pet odor is the difficulty in removing it. Unlike the stains, pet odors are much more difficult to take out from the air. Unfortunately, the human brain has a way to tolerate a foul scent after a few minutes. We can get use to the scent of our pets but not our friends and guests.
While you can purchase an odor eliminator in the local grocery store, it is still better to create your own pet odor eliminator formula. Not only does this help you save money, but also it is much safer and contains lesser chemicals.